5 top tips for planning a Prom
A new suit, that special dress, a DJ playing your favourite music, flashing laser lightshows, confetti explosions - it must be prom planning time!
What starts in America doesn’t take long to cross the Atlantic thanks to social media and YouTube. Prom nights were first seen in the most exclusive US colleges but they’re now sweeping the UK; now even Year 11 students want to leave school with a bang. Trends change every year too. Once every prom started with the arrival of stretch limos, then monster trucks were THE way to make an entrance. Who knows what it’ll be this year?
But some things never change - the heart of the night is always going to be the music and entertainment. Get that right and you’ll have a night to remember.
The end of the school year seems ages away but a prom isn’t like the old school disco in the gym. If you’re taking on the job of planning one you need to get started as soon as you can, so let’s get the ball rolling…
Our top 5 tips for planning the perfect Prom:
- Form a planning committee - there’s going to be a lot of work so share the jobs out.
- Book entertainment well in advance – whether it’s music, special effects or performers, you’ll want professionals but every other college or school in your area will be breaking up at the same time so there’ll be lots of competition for bookings.
- Pick a theme – a coordinated night makes planning easier and gets everyone in the right mood on the night.
- Talk to the professionals - tell them what you want so they can deliver. We always sit down and talk with our customers so we know exactly what they want. It’s their 1st time but we've got years of experience with this sort of event.
- Get the word out – post on social media, put on PR stunts, create fantastic posters and tickets make sure everyone wants to come to the prom.
Proms are getting like weddings; the bar’s getting raised every year. Don’t forget that you and your friends are what really makes it your special night, so make sure you have a great time.
See our prom page for more information - Prom Event Entertainment